Saturday, June 04, 2005

Thank you Dear Sister . . .

for the fabulous antihistimines, and your reliability for carrying them. I took DS and went today to visit her and her family at Cultus Lake where they were camping. I missed the turnoff, 'cause DH told me the wrong one, and so I had to stop and turn around. As I stopped, I got stung on the elbow by and ENORMOUS bee. I have skin that reacts like *stink*. I had to stop and wrap it with one of my cooler icepacks. By the time I got to their campsite (15-20 mins) I had a swollen bump the size of a quarter. But big sis came through with the allergy pills . . . thank you, and thank God it wasn't DS who had been stung (he's REALLY allergic).

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy you are lucky it was only the size of a quarter! i am allergic to honey bee sting...boy if i get stung near the nose or face i might as well go to the hospital...however i havent been stung by one in over 15 years....thank goodness...know the feeling on the extra weight...i quit smoking last year and i gained 40 pounds....dang...am working on it now....

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

I know, my first thought was: damn, I almost always carry this shit in the summer . . . and today I have a lump the size of a Kiwi fruit residing on my elbow . . . and yes, I took some antihistimines

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home