Wednesday, June 08, 2005

STRESS

I've had this overwhelming feeling of stress lately, and haven't been able to peg the reason for it. That is, until I actually took a moment to myself to think. See, hubby has been working unbelievable hours, home for 1/2 hour while son is awake, at the most, and working 6 days a week. I NEVER signed on for that. He has a really good, well paying job, that is usually regular hours. This is out of his control, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with my 21 month old when I'm needing some co-parenting help.That, and I realized I am trying very hard to deny that we have a very important doctor's appointment at Children's Hospital for DS on Monday. If I let myself be honest, I am SOOOOO unbelievably worried. (Long story, made very short) See, when he was 6 months old the neurosurgeon at Children's found that T's Cerebral-Spinal system was underdeveloped, and he had extra fluid on his brain because it wasn't draining properly. Over time, it got better, and shortly before his first birthday, he was re-evaluated and the Nuerosurgeon cleared him, said DS had outgrown the condition. It had never caused any long term problems because his soft spot was still open, and any extra pressure on his brain was alliviated by this. Now his soft spot is almost closed, and because of recent *happenings* my family doctor thinks that the condition may be back. I've been fooling myself, keeping myself too busy, and not talking about it, in hopes that he's really all right.But I have this terrible feeling I can't shake. I hope that my intuition is WAY off base. I need this feeling to go away.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Blogger Jodi said...

Sending ((((BIG HUGS)))). It is so hard to deal with life when we are worried about our kids.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home