Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hello out there . . .

You probably got bored of waiting for me to return. Believe me, I've gotten bored of waiting for the morning sickness to stop. It still hasn't, by the way, and I am now 20 weeks along. That's right folks, halfway there, and the nausea is hanging on. Not nearly as bad as it was, but I still have those moments where I run for the bathroom. I vow here and now to all of you that I intend on never being pregnant again. I had thought I wanted three kids. NOPE. Two pregnancies are more than enough for me. The morning sickness was bad enough the first time when I was trying to perform at my very demanding, very stressful job. It was about ten times worse this time, on top of trying to be a mom to a 2 year old. I didn't think it could be worse than the first time. Man was I wrong. Anyway, on to other topics.

I was going to log on and post the other day, for the first time in while because I was feeling a bit better. A very short time before I was heading to the computer, my sister called and stopped me in my tracks. Apparently, a "friend" of ours died suddenly on Friday night. I say "friend", because while I had only met her in person 2 or 3 times, I felt like I really knew her. And I really liked her, from the moment I met her. She was one of those people with that warm personality that brings you in, and makes you smile. I knew her from a bulletin board, and I read her blog every day. Though she was going through some tough stuff, she seemed to keep a good sense of humour, and she and her husband were building a house. She didn't have any kids, but desperately wanted them, and I think she would have made an awesome mom. She was only a few years younger than I, and she hadn't even turned 30. I've been in shock for days, and I can NOT imagine what her husband and her parents are going through.

This tragedy has made me realize a few things: that though we haven't met many of the people we blog with, they are very important to us; that life can be very short, and to live each and every day the best you can; to let every person in your life know how important they are to you.

On that note, I need to go to bed and try to sleep - little baby is kicking up a storm, so it may take a while to nod off - but I want to have energy to play with the little man tomorrow.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I will be by to visit in the next little while.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM , Blogger Kelley said...

Very well said. Check out Annette's blog. She was saying how she is going to try to post more comments on people's blogs and let them know if they have inspired her in some way. Or just to say "HI!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home