Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Oh my God

I know my sister posted this, (wonderings from the wack - sorry don't know how to do hyperlink) but it has been on my mind since I read it last night. I wasn't sure if I should forward it to relatives (or if DSis already had, didn't talk to her today). I didn't want to worry them, but at the same time, HOLY CRAP. It was in the back of my mind when they left that I hoped mom and dad would have a safe trip, but I never really thought something would happen. They've gone back to our roots in Ireland and Wales. Dad sent this email last night (his wording):

"Hi guysWE are in limerick and are just about to leave for cork.we are going to the town of adare and then around the ring of kerry. Dublin was great, very interesting .Belfast had a lot of trouble going on. There was a car petrol bombed outside our hotel one night and the next morning there was a demonstration out side with 6 cop cars in full riot gear but nothing happened. Have pictures to show.Yesterday we drove from belfast to here. we stopped in galway and got photos of galway bay.my time is running down (15min for 1 euro) so will say goodbyeyou cant send anything this way as we will not be here (obviously)i will try again when we are in wales or england. dad and mom"

I hope the rest of their trip is a lot less dangerous, mom's blood pressure can't handle all of that. Not to mention, she's used to cruising as her preferred type of travel!

2 Comments:

At 2:30 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

I tried editing to reword that when they left I had briefly thought about the dangers of travelling to Ireland, but never even thought that they'd run into trouble of any sort. How suprised was I to get dad's email!

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Kelley said...

I love Dad's comment about "pictures to show". I can see him aiming the camera out the window to get good shots of the demostraters.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home