Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I'm back again

and this time, I was out of town. Ha, not for the whole time, I wish. Just for this past weekend. It was wonderful. I just wish I had been feeling better. I went away to a scrapbooking retreat to a really lovely "Camp" - we stayed in a lodge that slept 16, and downstairs was our "meeting" area where we trudged from our beds to scrap. Okay, first we trudged to the main hall in the freezing cold to eat, then back to our tables to scrap. I'm not complaining about the cold, it was only outside, and was very helpful in refreshing me after I'd been sitting for hours at a time. And how can one complain when the food you are eating was neither prepared by yourself, nor do you have to do more than clear your plate and wipe the table? It was so nice not to have a two year old hanging off of me, or anyone asking what was for the next meal. I probably chatted and relaxed more than I scrapped, but I was feeling kinda grim, and couldn't concentrate. It was still a nice time.

However, by the end of the weekend, though being 21 weeks, I looked about 30. I came home, and to my horror, had gained about 7 pounds in 5 days. Much to my relief, when I woke up this morning, I again looked about 22 weeks, and had lost 6 1/2 of those pounds. I guess the mountain air/higher elevation had something to do with it, as well as sitting most of the weekend. Strangely, the only thing that was bigger was my tummy yesterday. Oh well, it made for interesting conversation (or as a stopper) when one of the girls asked me sunday afternoon how far along I was, and the look of horror that crossed her face when I said 21 weeks. All she could mutter was, OH WOW, and hurried away. When I looked in the mirror, I understood why she had looked so startled!!!!!!! No longer, my friend.

I was so exhausted yesterday that I slept 11 hours last night, and did NOT wake up refreshed - at first. But now I'm not tired. SIGH. Oh well.

____________________________________

In other news, I found this interesting (and frustrating). My husband and I have amazing extended health. Or so I thought. We are covered 100% for perscriptions, 80% for all dental, 100% for semi-private hospital stays, $500 each for each kind of health practitioner you can think of (naturopaths, acupuncture, massage, etc - the list is huge) as well as breast and limb prosthesis, and some really obscure crap you would never think you are covered for. So the point of this? We are NOT covered for glasses or contacts. NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. Why does this suck? I have glasses and contacts. I am blind as a freakin bat without them. Except I don't have radar. My last glasses cost over $900. That was 8 years ago. You do the math. My newest contact was purchased this last week. $70 for one. Maybe we should look into a seperate rider just for me! WHATEVER.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM , Blogger Kelley said...

Do want to come over on Thursday? I can clear the dining room table for you and it will sit on the couch and stitch.

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Kelley said...

I mean "I" will sit on the couch and stitch. Somehow I don't think the table will fit..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home