Friday, March 03, 2006

How is it that

I completely did not remember how freakishly short Elvis Stojko is? Okay, maybe in all fairness he's just gotten stalkier. Is that a word? Anyway, I have seen him skate in person before, my MIL took me to the Worlds in Vancouver a couple years ago (probably the nicest thing she's done since DH and I have been together), and granted we were in a box, so maybe we were a little further away, we were in row 15 tonight. But he looked sooooo short! My friend H took me to Celebration on Ice tonight as my birthday pressie. It was great, there were a few skaters we didn't recognize, and they had a bunch of local kids at the beginning and just before intermission, so that was neat. And it was 5 minutes away from my house. Okay, 15 with all the traffic.

And, as a little bonus to the evening, I saw my aunt, cousin and cousin's daughter there. It was nice to chat/catch up with them, and no, Kel, Cousin L is not in labour yet. Slight back cramps, but not real labour yet!

1 Comments:

At 3:35 PM , Blogger Kelley said...

Cool! Glad you had a good time. I have been thinking of Cousin L for a while.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home