Monday, June 02, 2008

GOING.COMPLETELY.INSANE

That is how I feel. And I probably am. DH is working insane hours. Which leaves me as a single parent. I can handle it on short term basis, like one or two nights in a week. But so far he's worked 8 days straight, and 5 of those have been 15 hour days. The week before that, he'd worked three 15 hour days. This week it'll be M-F and then he's working Sat and Sun. In fact, not counting today, he's working the next 18 days straight. So that's 26 in a row!

Needless to say, I'm exhausted, my IBS has ramped up, the healthy eating is maybe half of the time, and I am getting little to no exercise, because by the time he's home at 9:30, I'm going to bed, not the gym, and our gym doesn't open before 7 am, and he leaves at 5:30. Not that I would get up that early to walk on a treadmill, or anything, just saying.

The fatigue is back about 90%. The canker sores are back, I have about 10. Not completely sure because the one on my lips in the corner of my mouth makes it hard to open all the way. No I'm not kidding, they've apparently migrated out of my mouth onto my lips.

Oh, and Diva Daughter has decided it would be fun to slowly drive mommy completely crazy. Besides having a screaming fit if I walk more than 5 feet away from her, she has taken to throwing things and fits if she doesn't get her way. I am in completely uncharted waters here. DS never acted like she is. Last sunday, while getting ready to go to my parents, she threw her yogurt clear across the kitchen because she was mad that I'd put her in her highchair. She wanted to sit in one of our kitchen chairs. She got put in her crib instead. When I called Dad to tell him she was the reason we'd be late, and let him hear her, he asked what I'd done. DH thought she sounded like a cat. She was just screaming so loud.

On wednesday, she decided she didn't want the juice I'd given her at lunch, and while I went up to the bathroom, she dumped it all over her tray of her highchair, and was splashing in it when I got back down. V8 Splash all over my kitchen. Again, to her crib. Again with the screaming at me.

Then, the other day, she wanted the cup DS had of milk. She decided she didn't want the princess one she had anymore. When he wouldn't give her his cup of milk, she threw hers at him. The lid popped off, and 8 oz of milk flew over two couches, the rug, and a pile of folded CLEAN laundry. Again, to her crib, and again with the screaming. And this time with me sobbing while I sopped up whole milk from every surface of my living room.

Luckily, she actually will stay with other people, but not many are offering! LOL. She stayed with a friend for a couple of hours today while I took DS to a field trip, and didn't put up a fuss about me leaving at all. Her problem just seems to be at home, and nothing I do seems to help. I can't even go to the bathroom without her whining that I'm not in the room.


YES, I am whining. This is my blog, and I'll whine if I want to. It's better to get it out here and whine than to let it build up so I can't handle the kids. I'm almost there anyway. LOL. I offered them to their grandmother, free of charge. For some reason she said no, she'd prefer to visit. I have absolutely NO idea why????? LOL!

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM , Blogger PamnPat'sParadise said...

oh girl - I feel for you!!!

Stick to what you're doing. Regular punishments for what she is doing. Try not to fly off the handle when she does it, just pick her up and put her in a naughty spot and walk away - just like on Super Nanny. Continue doing it until she gets the hint - just try not to react to her...easier said than done - I know, I get tested too.

Keep your chin up - you'll get through it!

Time to plan another luncheon out here - I think you need some old friends!!

 
At 9:47 AM , Blogger Abi said...

Got to love the screaming! My girl gets regular time outs in her crib as well. She does this scream that is so high pitched it HURTS to hear it even though I am in the kitchen DOWNSTAIRS.

It can only get better from here, right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home