Thursday, September 13, 2007

Now I know

which direction my kitchen floor slopes - towards the dishwaser :( (see the last post from half an hour ago!)

The first thing T said when I picked him up from preschool, and asked him what his favourite part of the day was "when we ate cupcakes for my birthday". I found that funny for a kid who doesn't really like cake.

He had a really good day/s. Yesterday the kids and I went to the aquarium with my parents. If we'd waited for DH to have a day off it would have been next year. Anyway, he and K were really well behaved, and all of us had a really great time.

Today, he was great. I greeted him with Happy Birthday this morning, and it put a huge smile on his face. He had a moment of not wanting to go to preschool, but when I surprised him with the cupcakes I made for his class, he decided going wasn't a bad idea. He was excited to pick his own clothes, and to present the cupcakes to his teachers. They made him a birthday crown and sang to him at snack time. When I picked him up we went to the library per his request, and got him a few books. The librarian gave him a sticker for his crown - which he was still wearing (WHY NOT?)

He wanted to eat lunch and chill in front of the TV. I just let him, we've been so busy lately. It was what he really wanted to do, so why not?! While K was down for a nap, I read him his library books.

Then daddy came home, and we went to Whitespot for dinner, and then to buy his bike. We'd been looking for one, we'd told him he might get one soon. So at dinner we told him that we'd found one we thought he'd like, and that we'd go buy it after dinner if he wanted as his birthday present. He was so excited, I thought he'd burst!

Went and bought the bike, picked up the new washer, and came home. We didn't make it in the front door. He rode for at least the next half hour. Then I told him we had to go inside, and when he said he didn't want to I told him he had more presents to open, and he was shocked. Pure innocence. It's so nice. He never once asked me throughout the day if he had presents or when he was getting them. He was nicely surprised there was more than the bike. And after he opened the other presents, he said "thank you for all of my presents, I like them all the best." He is so damn cute sometimes. He didn't want to go to bed, and we didn't blame him, he got to stay up an extra half hour to play with his new stuff, and then he happily went to bed. What a good kid I have.

I hope tomorrow is as good as today, but I doubt it. I have my follow up appointment with the Rheumatologist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home