Monday, August 20, 2007

so not coool enough

Okay, so maybe overexaggerating, but I am sooo not cool enough to know the people I know.

Lately we've been re-connecting with friends that we haven't seen in a while because of life and where we were living. Now that we're closer, it's just so much easier.

Some of our friends now own a great huge cabin at Hundred Mile. It looks beautiful, and they've been bugging us to come stay with them, but DH just can't take the time from work.

Other friends, the Hubby is a computer animation guy. I know he does gaming stuff, and since I'm not into much of it, never really paid attention. They were over for dinner last night and his wife was talking about the last movie he worked on (OK, WTH, when did he start doing movies?), and it just happened to be the last Nicholas Cage one where he rides the motercycle (can't remember the name). Anyway, the ending was his suggestion. And he worked on the computer stuff for it. Wow. That is so neat.

Then the other couple that was over last night, well they just fit us into their busy schedule. LOL. They just spent three days this week in TO on BEYONCE's dollar. No shitting you. Her company , House of Dereon, flew them to TO and put them up and fed them for three days. The are the largest retailer of her line in BC. (OK, I failed to mention they have two shoe stores and a clothing store - it's in Oakridge, I forget the name of it right now). So as her biggest retailer in BC, they got some nice treatment, and were there for her fall clothing launch - only 300 other people there. She sang, and they got pics from 10 feet away. Huge coctail party and everything. Must be nice. Actually, I'm very happy for them, because they have really worked hard for every penny they have. As much as I tease them, I really actually admire them for their hard work and dedication to their businesses.

Sigh, all while I was being a SAHM with vertigo last week. I bet I had more fun. I just kept pretending I was at playland! LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home