Friday, March 31, 2006

I keep coming up with posts

at around 1 am when I can't sleep, and then by the time I get to the computer, I can't remember what the heck I was thinking.

I have officially reached the stage of the pregnancy where you can't find a comfortable position in bed. I am now OFFICIALLY in the THIRD trimester.into my 27th week people. In some respects I am so happy, because it means that the seemingly endless nausea will actually end sometime soon (yessss, I'm still puking). However, I feel cheated. I really haven't enjoyed this pregnancy yet. When I was pregnant with T, I had the morning sickness till about 19 weeks. But I remember (because I wrote it down, hehe) starting to enjoy being pregnant around 17 weeks, and that really didn't end until about a week before he was born, when my hips hurt so bad I couldn't move. In other words, I relished being pregnant. I loved it. I would stay awake, enjoying the movement. I loved the bumps and pushes, they were so life affirming. But of course, I was off work, and could sleep whenever I wanted.

This time, most of the movements either hurt (what the heck ARE YOU DOING IN THERE baby?) or make me REALLY nauseated. The nausea is terrible, it's hard to concentrate or function, and not being able to sleep at night is seriously cramping my ability to parent T effectively. I think it is safe to say, I am not enjoying being pregnant. I am incredibly happy that I am, and grateful that I am, can't wait to actually see the baby and hold it. But the actually being pregnat is really tough this time. I got to the point the other day that I was trying to come up with the most convincing argument I could for my doctor to get the baby out of me as soon as possible. Until I was reminded that even babies born at 37 weeks can be underdeveloped, and to wait as long as possible is the best for baby. However, I WANT IT OUT. NOW. I wanna stop puking. I wanna enjoy being pregnant, just for 5 minutes.

I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA.

Okay, whine over now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home