Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tired, but better

tired, oh so tired today. Though the not sleeping last night was due to the heat and having to pee three times because of all the water I'd drank to combat the heat. On average, I have a really good sleep one night, then the next I'm awake most of it. Hey, that's way better than 3 hours a night every night.

We've been sooooo busy. Had a little scare on thursday. I didn't feel the baby move for over 6 hours, and ended up at the hospital on a fetal monitor for the evening. Everything is fine, doctor and nurses said that at this stage (33 weeks) baby can have a sluggish day while growing, but if it ever happens again, to come in sooner than I did. I waited because I was being stupid, I thought I was over-reacting. If it had been any of my friends, I would have personally dragged them to the hospital. Anyhew, everything is fine.

Friday I took TJ and nephew Kaiser to the Aldergrove Zoo. They had a great time, and both were surprisingly well behaved, it was great. I didn't have to talk to them once about behaviour, it was heaven. They were agreeable, and soooo much fun. I loved seeing the looks on their faces when we saw the tigers and lions being fed. Though I don't think anything impressed them more than the huge digger they saw drive by them 3 feet away (it was working in the zoo, so driving like 10 km an hour, they were in heaven).

Saturday was my parent's 40th anniversary. It was a good party by all accounts, I suppose. I was so busy for the first couple of hours running around, constantly refilling the food trays, the ice bucket, etc, that I didn't sit down for probably a good 4 hours. And I swear to god, if one more person had told me how huge I was, or asked in shock if I REALLY had 7 weeks left, I was going to hit someone. After about the first 3 hours, I actually had the nerve to tell one of my mom's friends that it was just so long since they all had been pregnant, that they forgot what a pregnant person is supposed to look like.
I hardly saw DH, he was looking after the childrens, keeping them in check (DSis was washing dishes everytime I looked, and DBil was BBQing).
All in all, everyone had a good time, particularly mom & dad, which is all that really mattered, so it was a success.
Sunday was a low-key mother's day, stayed at DSil's, and she and I stayed up till the wee hours like we used to and chatted (we're good friends, but have kind of lost touch since we moved and she went back to work). It was good. Except that their (DSil and DH's) grandfather is very ill, and she doesn't think he's got much time left.
Monday, I took my (DH's) niece out of school (bad girl, I hardly ever get to see her, they live 1 1/2 hrs away) and took her and DS to the aquarium. They were sooooo good, and we had such a great time.
And this is another busy weekend coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home