Thursday, April 27, 2006

He made it through the night

Well, almost. Last night was the third night that T slept in a big boy bed. We started on Monday, had his nap without any problems, went to bed without problems. At 1am or so, I heard a great kerthunk, as I opened his door, he was climbing back into bed and said "I felled out of my bed mommy" I told him it was okay, and he went right back to sleep. At 5am, he was crying, and wanted to go in his crib. I let him, and he slept for another couple of hours. Tuesday he had his nap in his bed with no problems, went to bed at night with no problems, and fell out at about 11pm. At 1:30, he woke up saying he wanted to go in his crib. By the time I got his door open, he was trying to climb in. I put him in his crib rather than find him climbing in again. Yesterday, it took him a little while to fall asleep for nap, and again at bedtime. He fell out again last night at about 9:30pm. I told him it was okay, and mommy used to fall out of her bed when I was his age. He thought that was funny, climbed back into bed, and went right back to sleep - until 7:15 this morning. YAY! Today when I put him down for his nap, he says to me "and I stay in my bed, no playing". I had to chuckle, cause I say this to him everytime I tuck him in. It's worked, so far. I'm so proud of him. We did talk it up for a while, he's got older cousins, and he likes doing what they do, so I think that's helped. That, and the bed's been in his room for a couple weeks now, and we haven't pressured him about it, I think in fact we almost let him think it was his decision.

Oh, and giving him 2 jelly beans (only after nap time, if he's stayed in bed till the end of nap) hasn't hurt either. Man, if only 2 jelly beans would work to bribe him forever!

I hope that we continue to have such success with this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home