Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'm not ready . . . and I don't want to talk about it

But I do need to. So I'm writing it all out. But I'm not ready in real life to talk about it, cause I have to stay strong for DH. How is it in my family that as one enters, one leaves?

Four years ago this summer, shortly after I got married, both of my grandmothers became seriously ill. One passed away on the 28th of November, one on the 1st of December, 2002. They had been great friends, and they left the world together. Shortly after, my cousin and I both found out we were pregnant. My paternal grandmother had been like a grandmother to her to.

Now, I find myself in the same situation. DH's grandmother, who filled a void in my heart that my grandmothers had left, has become seriously ill. They're not sure she'll make it. Her liver is failing, and she's in the hospital. We've been visiting her this weekend, and she's weaker than I've ever seen her. I'm having a real hard time with this. She's taken me into her heart like I'd always been her granddaughter. I love her like I always have been. She cried the other day when she held my new daughter, and it almost broke my heart that my DD may never get to know her great-grandma.

I can't do this . . .

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM , Blogger PamnPat'sParadise said...

Kristi,

Take solace in the fact that although she may not be able to watch your children grow up, she has met them, held them and loved them, even for a short time. As I think back on Pat's grandfather's passing and the fact he only knew Miss K for 18 short months, I take solace in the fact that he is watching over us everyday and we can still find ways to include his legacy in what we do today.

It's not the easiest thing to do, but try to remember that if she does go, she loves you and your family very much. Make sure you have something of hers or a special memory from her that you can relay to your children as they get older. And know that they will always have a few guardian angels watching over them.

((((HUGS))))))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home