Friday, August 10, 2007

lack of attention

due to my lack of attention when blogger changed over, I haven't been able to figure out how to log in. I guess I switched to the new system, but kept trying to log in the old way. Finally I've clued in. I've been going to friend's blogs and not leaving comments, cause I couldn't figure out how!

And talk about lack of attention. Man, I sure wasn't paying attention to storage when we looked at our new house. We have moved, last wednesday, and to my surprise, the kitchen cupboards are about 2/3 of what we used to have. And the master bedroom closets are about half the size. And the linen closet smells like BO.

EEEEEKKKK.

Ahhh, well it has certainly pulled out my creative side. I have organzied and reorganized my kitchen a few times now. There are still left over items on the counter that have no home, so I'm giving them away! In the master closet, I have made my husband move the existing shelf up and add a new one, so there are two levels to one of the small closets. I swear my two new closets make up one of the two in our old room . . . I guess I'll be getting rid of more clothes, or am going old fashioned and rotating summer/winter wardrobes in storage in the garage. Which is the only room in the house that is actually bigger and has more storage!!!

On the bright side, I LOVE my backyard. The old one was so small, and had to be accessed through the downstairs den, I couldn't see it from inside the house, so T never got to go out there unless I wanted to be there, and there were only about two seconds of grass and red ants. Our new backyard has a patio that our new table and chairs (thanks mom for the hand me down!) are on, still enough room for a BBQ when we buy one, and the grass! Okay, so it's brown. Who cares! It is more than big enough to actually PLAY, and did I mention, you access it through sliding glass doors from my KITCHEN. Since the main floor is open concept, I can even see him from the LIVING ROOM, on the other side of the house. And there is a fence around the yard. So he can play, and I can accomplish stuff inside! YAY.

We haven't had time to explore the pool in the complex yet, that will come. The playground is okay, quite small, and used as a litter box by neighbourhood cats, but there is a bigger, nicer one just outside the complex.

And we're an hour closer to hubby's work. Almost an hour closer to my parents. Dad said it took them 35 minutes to get here yesterday, through construction! And almost an hour closer to DH's SIS! And, we're now only 10 minutes away from my best friend instead of an hour!
However, downfalls that we're an extra 30 minutes from my sis, and some of my friends. That truly sucks. And the water here is not nearly as good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home