Thursday, August 16, 2007

EEEWWWW Gross

I was a little mad (ok, PO'd) that because of the non-stop spinning of my head the last few days, my DH thought I shouldn't drive for an hour to my sister's today. Ok, so he was, ahem, right, but still, I made a promise to help get my niece's room ready to paint, it's kind of a tricky procedure to get the flowers on the walls, and I made a promise. I hate breaking promises. But seeing as how I tip over quite often these days, and when I turn my head the world spins, I can see that DH had a point - maybe I shouldn't drive for an hour with our children in the car.

So to the point of the eewww gross. I decided to try to keep myself busy and because we're supposed to be going out this weekend, I thought I would spend today doing laundry. Well, I also tend to be forgetful these days. Our new machine makes you have the lid closed while the water is pouring in, and I like to mix the detergent and water halfway before I put clothes in. Well, the second load, I actually forgot to put the clothes in. And it ended up being a blessing, cause GROSS. The water was disgusting, little floaty things all over the place. It's a 3yr old washer, and the other people obviously never cleaned it. It has two "magical filters" - swear to god that's what it says on them - that were jammed full of crud. I have spent the last two hours cleaning the damn washer of all it's crap. Scrubbing the filters. And now the washing machine is washing itself again. Just to make sure I got rid of the crud. So I guess laundry is on hold for a moment or five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home