Monday, July 11, 2005

Osoyoos may not be quite this cute this year . . .

My DH just informed me that our summer vacation may not be happening this year. HA. That's what you think. His company is expecting WAY too much of him. He's leaving home at 4:30 am, returning at 7:30/8:00 pm, six days a week since February. They told him mid July. Then the end of July. Now it looks like the end of August. I am soooo done being a single parent it's not even funny. DS whined and cried all day today. I've been noticing that he's getting worse and worse on Mondays, after he's seen Daddy all day Sunday. I think only seeing him for such a small amount is really getting to him. Mondays are hard for DS. And even harder for me. Before DH got home this evening, I called him telling him I was done. I've had it. I can't do this. He said he'd quit his job, and panic set in about finances, and I backed off and said I can handle it if I know where the end is to this. I then calmed down enough to call my sis and ask if she could take DS for a day. She asked if I had stuff to do, and without even thinking, I said, "no, you just need to take him for a day so I don't kill him." OKAY, a little overdramatic, but man was my blood pressure rising. My biggest pet peeve is whining (so, I got that from mom) so after hearing it all day I was hmmmm, a little burnt out. Actually, I am planning in my head what I can get done without a monster underfoot. Let me tell you, it is difficult to do laundry when he keeps running around the house with the clothes, trying to dump the soap, turning the temperature on the hot water heater, throwing items in the washer that don't go in, unfolding the clothes I've just folded, putting clean laundry in the dirty piles - and this is within 5 minutes folks!
Ahhh, I needed to unload that. Back to the vacation. DH booked the first week of August off, oh, I don't know, in February. Back when the overtime started. He called the office, and said no matter what, he was taking the first week of August off. NO MATTER WHAT. Now he's saying he might not be able to get away. I might just go by myself with DS. It's not like I'd be alone, we're going with like 20 people. Including my parents, who would probably look after DS for an hour here or there. And there will be other kids there for him to play with. Ah, fuck it. I'm gonna go whether hubby can or not.

Oh, and on a whole other note, I figured out that my vericose veins hurt while gardening because something bit me!

3 Comments:

At 10:32 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

I tried to add a cute pic of DS from last year, but it didn't publish . . . any ideas?

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Kelley said...

I tried to publish pictures off of the computer but they didn't load. It worked just fine loading them from my web page. Maybe the glitches aren't worked out yet.

 
At 2:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

is your little guy old enough to put into camp, maybe half days? that would give you a couple of hours to yourself
i'm having problems putting up pics myself, my youngest daughter (she's 10) gets them up first try. what format are you using, you have to use hello or piccassio or something like that. my daughter uses the kodak one and she said it's really easy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home