Sunday, July 17, 2005

our bed is broken

and not from anything fun either! We were butting heads (DH and I) and I went upstairs to cool off, and sat on the bed to read, when BOUF, my ass (well, the mattress) is touching the floor!! Apparently the rail broke away from the side board. We have a pine sleigh bed, so all the parts are wood, and I guess it splintered. So at the moment, our boxspring and mattress are on the floor, where they will probably stay until next weekend when DH will have a chance to fix it.

And in other news, an old friend, *J*, of mine just invited me away for a weekend. A WHOLE weekend, Friday to Sunday, away from children, just the girls. It's a low-key staggette for a really good friend of mine *K*. J's parents have a "cabin" up at Whistler, so the idea is to go up for the whole weekend, do some hiking, go to the beach, and party on the Saturday night. God I hope DH can get away without working that Saturday. I need this more than anything right now. *J* said I could come up at any point over the weekend, but man, I REALLY want to go for the whole weekend.

And, among other things, our internet connection keeps cutting out. Our nextdoor neighbour has cable too, and she said hers is fine, so I'm thinking we need a new modem. So that's why I've been dissappearing for days at a time.

And, I still can't figure out how to post pictures.

2 Comments:

At 4:59 AM , Blogger Robin said...

Hey Kristi, thanks for visiting my blog! Bummer about your bed and I hear you completely on needing a whole weekend away without kids!! I can help you figure out posting pics if you like. You can just email me at lilbitome@hotmail.com and I'll talk you through it. Nice to meet you! :)

 
At 5:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you're sleeping on a mattress on the floor, why not pretend you're camping, a build up for the weekend! hope you can get away for the entire weekend, it's amazing what a couple days away difference can make in your life. i have problems posting a pic as well, i try to use the hello picasso thing and it takes me forever to get it done. my youngest daughter is using kodak easy share on hers and does it at the snap of a finger, i'm going to try it later this week. i'll let you know if i can figure it out. i do know to post a display picture, first you have to post it onto you blog, then you cut and paste the url your blog assigns it into your edit preferences, you'll see a line asking for a url. if you don't want that pic displayed on your blog, just you display pic, then you delete it off your blog but it stays as your display pic. if that doesn't make any sense, which it probably doesn't, you can e-mail me at jem2312@rogers.com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home