Friday, September 01, 2006

So . . .

She's probably got what DS had. Which was a mild form of Hydrocephalus (sp?). Doc gave me a huge list of symptoms to look for over the weekend. Temp over 38. More swollen fontanel. Wimpering instead of crying. Miserable baby. Skin rash that looks like a purple bruise. Neck stiffness (tickle her tummy, and if she doesn't try to lift her head her neck is stiff). All signs of meningitis. He thinks it's the other. He wants to see her next week.

And the cycle starts all over again. Why I thought I might actually have a healthy child this time is beyond me.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 PM , Blogger PamnPat'sParadise said...

Kristi,

Stay strong and try to keep positive. Anxiety sucks big time. She'll be okay - you got DS through this before, now you'll do the same with DD. I'll think some positive thoughts for you guys too and keep my fingers crossed :o)

((((HUGS))))

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger Kelley said...

Poor lamby! She'll probably be fine eventually like TJ.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home